Rev. Valerie's Reveries

This blog contains personal reflections from Unitarian Universalist minister Valerie Mapstone Ackerman.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Rev. Valerie's itinerant preaching schedule

Some of my friends have asked me to post a list of preaching dates, so here they are:
July 23-- Stillwater OK (on contract for the 4th Sunday)
July 30-- Wichita KS
Aug 27-- Stillwater OK
Sep 24-- Stillwater OK
Oct 15-- Lawrence KS
Oct 22-- Stillwater OK
Nov 26-- Stillwater OK
Dec 10-- Houston, TX: Bay Area UU (tentative)
Dec 24-- Stillwater OK

I'll travel far and wide on Sundays to spread the gospel of peace,
justice, equity and compassion---that is if I get paid and travel expenses are covered! I still gotta eat.

peace,
Valerie

1 Comments:

  • At July 22, 2006 7:05 PM, Blogger Paul Tay said…

    Interesting lifestyle. My sister is also an ordained minister. More of the stay-put variety. But, the lifestyle kinda reminds me of the Buddhist monks wandering around the streets of Rangoon, Burma. Most of what I remember are they shave their heads bald, wear orange bedsheets, and beg for alms. Being a kid, I usually gave them bananas.

    I say you need a schtick of sorts. Branding. Kinda like selling soap, cars, and political candidates. Every celebrity of some repute, ill-repute or legitimate, has a brand. I have a brand. Probably mostly of the ill-repute variety, carefully choreographed for shock value and entertaining havoc on Tulsa streets.

    MLK had a brand. T.D. Jakes has a brand. Fred Phelps has a brand. You, Rev. Val Map Ack, need a brand too! Maybe if you publically indulge your burning need to burn something mentioned in your earlier post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home