Rev. Valerie's Reveries

This blog contains personal reflections from Unitarian Universalist minister Valerie Mapstone Ackerman.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Public reading: Memoir Project

Hello Friends-

I am pleased to announce that a piece I wrote about my dogs "How to Name Your Farm" was accepted for the Arts Center of the Capital District Memoir Project for their public reading series kick-off. It is a great opportunity to have local writers read from their work as a way to launch others into writing too.

If any of you are in the Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY area... Please attend!

May 11 at 7:00 pm at the Art Center on River Street in Troy.

"How to Name Your Farm" was published in an anthology of writing by Meadville Lombard Theological School: "In Time of Need" (available on Amazon) and I won a writing contest in Tulsa with this piece also. I'm pretty sure it is in this blog archive too, in case you want to read it and don't want to buy the book. I get no royalties from the sale of the book but my alma mater does get a few pennies for every book sold.

I hope I don't turn out to be a one-hit wonder. But so what if that's the best I ever produce?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home